Sunday, April 7, 2013

Man Pleasing Chicken

I decided to give Pinterest cooking another go-around. I let my boyfriend choose the recipe this time.
He found the title of this chicken dish so amusing he insisted we try it.

It was my first success! Not only did it not burn or taste terrible, it was actually delicious!

So delicious that I decided to make it for Easter dinner with my parents.

I made it at home once and then I made it at my parent's house on Easter. I told her I was learning how to cook and that I needed to get some experience cooking for more people then just me and my boyfriend. She was reluctant, but allowed me to enter her kitchen under the condition that she supervise.

Now, to hear my mother tell it, she tried to teach me how to cook. She claims that she would try to get my sister and I to come watch her as she made dinner and such. We have differing memories because I remember not being allowed in the kitchen because I was 'under foot' and being told that mom 'can't cook if people are watching me'.  I also remember being told not to turn on the stove because I would burn down the house. Her reluctance to allow me to cook on Easter seems to support my version of the story, no?

The chicken itself is a great main dish for an event with more then 2 or 3 people. You can easily double or triple the recipe and the cut of chicken I recommend (chicken thighs) are far more inexpensive then a breast or tender.

Check out the recipe and try it! We have made it a few times already!




Ingredients

    • 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
    • 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
    • 1/4 cup maple syrup
    • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
    • salt and pepper
    • rosemary

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Mix together dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar.
  3. Place chicken in an oven proof baking dish and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Pour the mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes or until the meat is cooked (155 degrees). Halfway through baste the chicken with the sauce.
  5. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Then sprinkle with fresh rosemary. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment