I, much like many woman with internet connections, am addicted to Pinterest. I gleaned a lot of useful and useless information from Pinterest. I have learned how to water marble my nails, build a nail polish storage shelf and make my own laundry soap. I figured there had to be good recipes there too.
I figured if something had 'easy' in the title it would be safe for me to attempt. I also assumed that if it had 4 ingredients it would be hard for me to screw up. I was wrong.
This is what the chicken should have looked like.....
This is the 'easy' recipe.
Easy Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- additional herbs and spices, as desired
- Preheat oven to 450°F Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil.
- In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add additional herbs and spices as desired.
- Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes, or until juices run clear. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken.
Seems simple enough no?
When I added the brown sugar to the garlic and oil it began to form a caramel. It solidified and looked like this....
Needless to say, this was not that great. My valiant boyfriend ate the chicken but was not thrilled about it. I had one bite and tossed the rest.
I am not sure if this failure was a result of the recipe or the girl cooking it, but I don't think I would recommend the solidified garlic carmel as a new trend in flavors.