Friday, May 17, 2013

What To Snack On

Another time I find it hard to eat as well as I should is when I'm extremely hungry and everything looks edible and I don't want to cook. Some nights on my way home from class the call of the McDonalds' drive through is strong. So I make sure I have some easy and tasty snacks on hand at home.

I've found that I'm more likely to reach for something that I don't have to prepare, but I want it to be as natural as possible. 

I found this nifty option a little while ago and it's become one of my go-tos....

Single Serving Avocado! This may seem a bit odd, but I love guacamole and there's always waste when I buy avocados and make it from scratch. At 90 calories for the whole cup I can add some chopped up onion and cilantro or even just some garlic and onion powder. With some veggies or corn chips, it's very satisfying and full of really good fats.

Another of my favorites is caprese salad. This usually consists of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Since my laziness knows no bounds, I usually prepare some mozzarella ahead of time using this great recipe and pair it with some cherry tomatoes. 2 oz of the prepared mozzarella and tomatoes will cost you 140 calories.

Finally, if your in the mood for something sweet there's no need to reach for the Ben and Jerrys pint. I make my own macerated strawberries and mix them up with some Cool Whip. It's sweet and light and if you want to turn it into a real desert all you have to add is a biscuit. 


What do you reach for when your stomach is growling?

No comments:

Post a Comment