Sunday, March 17, 2013

Burning Jello and Other Things I Do Because I Can't Cook







I have been dating my boyfriend for five and a half years ( six years in May) and he is still my boyfriend. I spend a lot of time trying to determine what it is that makes him so slow to seal the deal and let me tell you, I have theories. I am not done with my Bachelor's degree and I know that bothers him. I don't put my dirty dishes in the sink and that annoys the crap out of him. I watch the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and I know that makes him want to kill me. Over the last few weeks though, I have decided that he isn't marrying me because I can't cook. By that I mean, I CAN NOT cook. I mean, who marries a girl that can't cook? Not only will he not get fed, how will I feed our children?
There are a few things I do and I do them well. I make fantastic eggs. Scrambled, fried, but not boiled....that requires boiling water and timers and stuff. I cook eggs so well because I hate the way everyone else makes them. I can also make potatoes. Fried, baked, and hash browned but not boiled. For the same reason as before. These I do well just because I like them

I literally can not cook anything else.

So here begins my attempt to learn to cook and get my boyfriend to make an honest woman out of me.
I work full time and go to school full time, so it is hard to make time to cook really, but I am going to put forth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment